(Day Seventeen) Daily Lenten Devotional
“Our Walk to the Cross”
A Lenten Devotional
This week is all about becoming present to the healing presence of Jesus Christ. This week we continue to pray that we may love Jesus more and follow him more closely as we meditate on the Paschal event.
Monday March 20th (Day Seventeen)
1. As you begin this week; take some time to come into an awareness of God’s (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) loving presence. Feel the loving gaze of God that is upon you right now. Allow God’s Love to move deep inside you; feel God’s Love as a purifying, healing presence within you. Offer yourself completely to God.
2. Silently sit before God for 10 minutes.
3. Pray to God for a more intimate knowledge and experience of Jesus Christ, who has become human for us that you may love Jesus Christ more and follow him more closely. Journal your prayer: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Consider, in prayer, to become more discerning as to God’s call on my life in light of what the Lord’s sacrifice, the Paschal event, has on your life. It can be any part of your life, work, recreation, mission, church, at home, school etc. The key is to explore which of these aspects you feel truly glorify God in response to Christ’s sacrifice for you. This a time of exploration into transformation, both that which has already occurred, for which we celebrate and that which is yet to come, which we diligently seek. How do you feel God’s healing presence? Is God speaking to you? Is God guiding you? What do you wish to say to God at this time? Journal any sensations, feeling or thoughts that may have occurred during the silent time as well as your experience of God during this time. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
5. Be especially aware of God’s movements in your life and the life of those around you this week as you ponder the Lord’s sacrifice on your for behalf. Be very open to how God is guiding you, especially when you have feelings of either closeness to God or distance from God. Journal these moments and pay close attention to them in prayer ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________