“Our Walk to the Cross”
A Lenten Devotional
This week is all about becoming present to the healing presence of Jesus Christ. This week we pray that we may be with Jesus in his passion and death.
Monday March 27th (Day Twenty-three)
1. As you begin this week; take some time to come into an awareness of God’s (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) loving presence. Feel the loving gaze of God that is upon you right now. Allow God’s Love to move deep inside you; feel God’s Love as a purifying, healing presence within you. Offer yourself completely to God.
2. Silently sit before God for 10 minutes.
3. Pray to God for a more intimate knowledge and experience of Jesus Christ, who has become human for us that you may love Jesus Christ more and follow him more closely. Journal your prayer: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Prayerfully ask God for the grace to fully experience Jesus’ passion and death. Allow yourself to walk in a most intimate manner with Jesus as he moves closer and closer to the cross. Be aware of the effect that this intimacy has on each moment of your everyday life. This a time of exploration into transformation. How do you feel Jesus’ healing presence? Is Jesus speaking to you? Is Jesus guiding you? What do you wish to say to Jesus at this time? Journal any sensations, feeling or thoughts that may have occurred during the silent time as well as your experience of God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) during this time. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
5. Be especially aware of God’s movements in your life and the life of those around you this week as allow yourself to walk very closely with Jesus in light of his upcoming passion and death. Be very open to how God is guiding you, especially when you have feelings of either closeness to God or distance from God. Journal these moments and pay close attention to them in prayer ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________