“Our Walk to the Cross”
A Lenten Devotional
This week is all about becoming present to the healing presence of Jesus Christ. This week we pray that we may know the Lord’s love for us in a deeper way as we consider that it was for us that Jesus’ suffered.
Monday April 3rd (Day Twenty-nine)
1. As you begin this week; take some time to come into an awareness of God’s (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) loving presence. Feel the loving gaze of God that is upon you right now. Allow God’s Love to move deep inside you; feel God’s Love as a purifying, healing presence within you. Offer yourself completely to God.
2. Silently sit before God for 10 minutes.
3. Pray to God for a more intimate knowledge and experience of Jesus Christ, who has become human for us that you may love Jesus Christ more and follow him more closely. Journal your prayer: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Prayerfully ask God for the grace to fully experience Jesus’ His love for you and His willingness to suffer for you. Look at God and allow God to look at you. Share your thoughts and feeling with God and let God share God’s thoughts and feelings with you. This a time of exploration into transformation. How do you feel Jesus’ healing presence? Is Jesus speaking to you? Is Jesus guiding you? What do you wish to say to Jesus at this time? Journal any sensations, feeling or thoughts that may have occurred during the silent time as well as your experience of God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) during this time. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
5. Be especially aware of God’s movements in your life and the life of those around you this week. Listen to God who is listening to you. Linger with God. Do not be in a hurry. Feel God’s passion for you. Be very open to how God is guiding you, especially when you have feelings of either closeness to God or distance from God. Journal these moments and pay close attention to them in prayer __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________